Ableton Intermediate Course
What are the characteristics of a great producer? Technique? Creativity? A personal style? We believe in a balanced combination of these features. And in addition, a great producer also brings these aspects in practice: by releasing music in one or more genres, or even by performing live on stage.
In the Ableton Intermediate Course the creative process of electronic music production is key. Obviously this will not be separated from the technical process – tight productions require tight skills! The emphasis however lays on creation. Dance producers learn how they can apply technology in a creative way, in order to fully develop their own style.
Feedback on productions
In the process of production students get feedback on their own productions. In three one on one sessions and during the course the teachers shine their light on the progress. We also provide insight into the position of the producer within the everyday music practice. The students gain insight on how to get their productions signed and what other ways are there to turn their talent into business.
Questions? Feel free to contact us!
- Start 17 March 2020
- Tuesday evening
- 19:00 – 22:00
- 16 weeks
- Location: A’DAM Toren & Various Studio’s
- Courses in English (with a Dutch moderator)
- Student discount on Ableton Live software and hardware (Push)
- € 1395,-
- Visit various Studio’s
- Explaining MIDI home studio setup
- Accoustic treatment basics: tuning rooms, monitore etc.
- Live performance with Ableton Live
- Producing in groups
What am I going to learn
- 14 weeks Ableton Training + 1 one 1 studio sessions
- 2 weeks Masterclasses by top producers like Tom Trago, William Djoko and others
- Participants will work on their own productions weekly and receive feedback.
Intermediate. Basic knowledge of electronic music production and/or Ableton is required.
What will you learn?
- Structured knowledge of key-elements of a Dance-production: beats, bass, leads, pads, breaks
- advanced midi techniques (integration of external hardware with the DAW)”) (Advanced signal processor and effects techniques(EQ, Compression, Reverb, delay effects etc.
- Intermediate skills in sampling and synthesis (subtractive, FM, drums)
- Intermediate skills in MIDI and audio effects (EQ, Compression, etc)
- In depth techniques, from the creation and inspiration finding process, to arranging, mixing and mastering your own productions
- Home or Project studio
- Inspiration and tips from well known Dance Producers
- Have you started to work in Ableton?
- Finished a few first tracks, but want to bring them and yourself to a higher level?
- Do you work with Ableton but have trouble to make progress?
- Are you curious as to how successful producers work?
- Want to be inspired by the techniques and workflow of experienced dance artists?
Then this is the course for you!
For our education program we work with top electronic music artists who share their knowledge and share their life experience
The online payments are provided by Paylogic. You can choose for Ideal transfer, Mastercard or Mister Cash. When paying this way you will not receive a bill directly. An invoice can be requested via email@example.com. Your participation is confirmed immediately.
Payment by bank transfer
You can instantly confirm your participation by using back transfer. In the name of: School of House BV, NL32ABNA0413506037, under indication of the relevent Course of Masterclass. You can request an invoice via firstname.lastname@example.org.